LPN Schools in Kissimmee FL
If you are starting to look for an LPN Program in Kissimmee FL then I think you will find the article below has some useful suggestions. Choosing the correct LPN School can be a really tricky decision, but it is good to be prepared, so you can be certain you have chosen one of the best LPN Programs in Kissimmee FL.
LPN training in Kissimmee FL is offered by state approved training centers, which include: high schools, technical schools, vocational schools, community colleges, junior colleges, and hospitals. Most LPN programs in Kissimmee FL require you to attend classroom studies and additional clinical practices under supervision. After completing your LPN training, you have to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN) in order to receive your license and work as an LPN in Kissimmee FL.
LPN training takes at least 9 months and 18 months at most, depending on the program you join. Unlike RN programs, there are no accelerated LPN programs which can cut your training short. Some schools advertise that they have a fast track LPN program which will let you become an LPN in a very short time, but before you even consider these kind of claims, you should check with your state BON to see if the school is accredited. LPN courses in Kissimmee FL are true entry level trainings in which you learn a lot of fundamental medical concepts and acquire practical knowledge.
LPNs duties vary based on the work environment. Even though there are nurse aids (CNA), medical assistance, etc., under LPNs, there is a clear difference between the LPN job description and the rest. There is no substitute for the practical and theoretical knowledge one learns in LPN training programs which could have been learned from previous education.
LPN Programs Curriculum
LPN training curricula vary from one program to the next, but most programs’ curricula consist of the following:
Fundamentals of Nursing
Contemporary Health Issues Vocational Adjustment
Nutrition and Diet Therapy
Growth and Development
Intro to Pharmacology
Maternal Child Health
In addition to the above curriculum, LPN training courses in Kissimmee FL may cover the following subjects, as well: biology, chemistry, first aid, physical education, and emergency medical technology. LPN students are also required to go through clinical practice in patient care under supervision.
LPN Programs in Florida
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Patient Care Technician
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Nursing@Simmons offers two online degree options:
- RN to MSN: Designed for RNs who do not have a bachelor’s degree but have earned an associate degree, or a diploma or certificate from a hospital-based program.
- MSN: Designed for RNs who already hold a bachelor's degree.
- Earn your Master’s in Nursing in as little as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Has specialized in career training since 1982.
- Offers beginning to advanced training in computer repair, medical assisting, cosmetology, nursing, and more.
- Continually maintains programs according to industry needs by working closely with industry experts and employers.
- Provides well-equipped training facilities to give students the advantage of hands-on training.
- Its instructors attend seminars and workshops to keep current with new technology and topics.
- Patient Care Technician - DIP
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online Bachelor's programs include Healthcare Management, Public Health, IT, Psychology, BBA & Criminal Justice
- Dedicated to delivering quality education and personalized attention to students since 1899
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. in Forensic Psychology: Non-Licensure Track
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
To become an LPN, you need to be more than 18 years old and attend a 9 months long training program or more. And to be eligible for LPN nursing programs, you need to have at least a high school diploma or equivalent (GED). When you enroll for an LPN program, the college will ask you to take a basic academic skill test. This is what is commonly refereed to as LPN entrance exam. For more information regarding the specifics of each program you want to join, please check the LPN college website or give them a call directly, as each college may have its own specific requirements. Referto our lLPN schools page for some tips on how to find an ideal school for you.
LPN Career Overview
Over the years, the demand for licensed practical nurses (LPNs) in Kissimmee FL has been increasing to the point where it’s now becoming easier to get a job as an LPN in various health care centers than other professionals in the same industry. The data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that the total number of LPNs and LVNs in 2008, across the nation, was over 750,000 and this number will keep on increasing by 21% in the coming 10 years. You can say the LPN career opportunity is financially rewarding. Again, according to BLS, in 2008, the national average LPN salary was $39,030. LPN salary greatly varies by state.
Overall, the LPN jobs outlook is very good and it will be the same in the coming years. The nature of the job mostly involves providing basic care for patients and helping patients whenever they require assistance in their daily basic needs. As an LPN, you may work in nursing care facilities, home health care services, general medical and surgical hospitals, or offices of physicians. The salary you earn also varies according to the nature of your job and the work environment.
The best thing about this field is that there is always room to expand your career by taking additional training courses. For instance, you can become a registered nurse through LPN to RN program; you can also become a psychiatric technician or occupational therapist assistant.
LPN Job Description and Duties
If you are a caring, compassionate person with good communication skills, this career path will fit you just right. You will be working alongside medical doctors and registered nurses. You will monitor the patient’s conditions more closely than registered nurses and physicians and report your observation to them. You may also have nurse aids working under you and reporting to you. In addition to patient care, you may also be required to do the following tasks: collect patient’s health history, collect samples for laboratory testing, perform simple laboratory tests, and measure and record patients’ vital signs such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration. You may also be required to prepare and give injections and enemas, monitor catheters, dress wounds, and give alcohol rubs and massages. You may also clean and monitor medical equipment. Article Source: http://www.lpntrainingprograms.org/
An Overview Of LPN Programs in Kissimmee FL
A licensed practical nurse or an LPN in Kissimmee FL has many duties and responsibilities, the core of which is patient care. LPN programs usually take one to two year to complete, which makes them very attractive to those who want to begin working and earning within a very short period of time. These programs train students how to provide healthcare to injured, sick or disabled patients. Training includes how to check and record vital signs, administer some medical treatments and medications, and collect body samples.
Also included in their training is the proper way to assist patients with their personal hygiene, feed them, and with other activities where their help might be needed.
To qualify for the program, candidates are required to have a high school diploma, GED, or the equivalent. LVN schools also require their students to have a clean criminal record.
LPN trainings usually last from 9 months to a year. Both online and offline courses are available to meet the different needs of students. Online courses are especially attractive to students who do not have the luxury of time to enroll in classroom classes due perhaps to other commitments such as childcare or a full-time job.
One thing for students to keep in mind is that not all training modules and courses are conducted online. There are courses included in the LPN programs that need to be performed on-site, and there is no possibility that these can be conducted online. Still, an online LPN program could be a good choice for a working individual who wants to be an LPN because it offers flexibility when it comes to the number of courses taken in a semester and the class schedule.
For those who want to study in a traditional classroom setting, they can sign up for LPN programs offered in Kissimmee FL community colleges or in local hospitals. The main benefits an offline program offers are the hands-on training and being in an actual nursing environment that can help prepare students to perform their duties well.
However, whether a student signs up for an online or an offline program, it should be accredited by the local state’s Board of Nursing. Should a student enroll in an unaccredited school, they will not be eligible to take the licensure examination later on after the LPN training is completed. Likewise, they will have problems should they decide to continue their education and pursue an RN career, because most colleges accept credits only from state credited schools.
Courses offered by LPN nursing schools vary depending on the state, but most offer the core components of an LPN program, which includes pediatric nursing, emergency care, obstetric nursing, surgical nursing, anatomy, physiology, and nutrition. On top of classroom instructions, a big proportion of a student’s school time is spent on hands-on training in different health care facilities such as a nursing home, rehabilitation center, an acute care hospital or a combination, which depends largely on the LPN school’s curriculum.
After completing the LPN program, graduates still need to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses exam or NCLEX-PN. Passing this exam would mean that they have enough knowledge and skills to be a successful LPN. Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6588686
Your chances of getting a job as a registered nurse depend on two factors. These are the quality of your education and the amount of experience that you have. You can build up your experience by volunteering at clinics, hospitals, or nonprofit organizations. The more experience you gain in the field, the more likely you are to get a great job. Increase your experience in your specific area of interest, such as pediatrics.
It is far easier to get a job if you have prior experience. You will be able to advance rapidly through the ranks if you maintain a high work ethic and focus on advancing your education.
Nurses are going to be needed no matter what happens in this world. More registered nurse positions will become available as people continue to live longer. No matter what the economy is like, you are guaranteed job security if you are a registered nurse, which is comforting for nurses and patients alike.
Did you get any useful ideas from the article? If you did, please feel free to share the article with your family and friends who live in Kissimmee FL. You just never know when they might be looking for LPN Programs in Kissimmee FL.
LPN Programs Kissimmee FL reviewed by Vandever.
Thanks for putting together such a wonderful resource. I was able to research the different schools in my area and find one that fit my needs. They even gave me a chance to apply for a scholarship which will make things much easier.